Hey! This weekend has turned out to be super good actually!
So transfers happened on Tuesday (which feels like a year ago) and I got Elder Johnson who's been out like 3 months. He's super funny actually and it's been really fun with him this past week. I think this transfer is going to go really well.
So Tuesday I spent the day with Elder Anderson (who was my previous companion in Corvallis) while i waited for Elder Johnson to get here.
Wednesday and Thursday Elder Johnson and I just did as much work as we could. Luckily, we found Cindy on Wednesday. We sat down and taught her a full lesson and she said she already believes the Book of Mormon is true and knows that she needs to follow Jesus Christ and be baptized. So it was a great lesson! We set a date for her to be baptized and she said she would do all she needed to prepare.
Friday I taught District Meeting which went well. My district seems like it could do alright if we work hard.
Saturday was the best day of the week by far. Elder Anderson and I got to go back to Corvallis to see Sydney get baptized! She was a girl we found on OSU campus and taught for several weeks before we got transferred. It was so crazy to see how far she has come since then. Even though it was sad we couldn't have been there through the whole process, I'm glad that we were able to be part of her baptism. It was so cool to see her and the other YSA members up there!
Sunday was good as well because Cindy came to church and really enjoyed it! She said she feels like she's at home here which is great to hear. The area I'm in now seems to be getting better and it's great to see the results of the work we did in Corvallis. I've also been grateful I've been able to have some really good studies lately. I've been able to get through a lot of the New Testament and learn a lot. It's crazy to me that its 2018 already but it's been a good start to the new year!
Love y'all
Stay Solid



No comments:
Post a Comment